The Dangerous Goods Category 11 – Cabin Crew, Passenger Handling and Security Screening Personnel is designed for passenger handling personnel, cabin crew and for security screening personnel. These personnel are required to demonstrate competence in the functions associated with the transport of dangerous goods by air for which they are responsible.
Subsection 1.5 of the Dangerous Goods Regulations as published annually by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) requires that the employer must ensure that personnel are competent to perform any function for which they are responsible prior to performing any of these functions. This must be achieved through training and assessment commensurate with the functions for which they are responsible. The Dangerous Goods Category 11 course ensures compliance with this regulation.
- Cabin crew members and in-flight operations managers
- Passenger handling personnel
- Security screening personnel
After thorough study and use of this training workbook the student will:
- Recognize dangerous goods;
- Have knowledge of the origin of the current regulations and be aware of the general philosophy;
- Identify the classes of dangerous goods;
- Recognise the hazard/handling labels applicable to dangerous goods;
- Recognise dangerous goods packaging;
- Be able to identify potential hidden hazards in baggage and cargo;
- Be aware of the provisions for dangerous goods in baggage of passengers and crew;
- Be familiar with dangerous goods emergency response procedures
- Learners are awarded a CAA Accredited certificate of competency which is valid for 24-months upon successful completion.
- This course meets the training requirements of Part 92 – Conveyance of Dangerous Goods of the South African Civil Aviation Regulations, as well as the ICAO requirements for Dangerous Goods training (CAA/DG/0031).
- This course is presented by Professional Aviation Services. (CAA/DG/0031).