The safe transport of Lithium batteries by air is a vital component of the aviation industry. Personnel who work in the aviation industry need to be equipped with the knowledge of how to safely transport lithium batteries and what to do in case of an incident or emergency.
No matter what role a person plays, whether it be a member of the flight crew, or someone who works with cargo; everybody needs to be aware of the risks that lithium batteries can present and how to mitigate those risks.
People who are packaging or arranging the transport of Lithium Batteries by Air.
People who have a Dangerous Goods by Air training certification and need a more detailed understanding of Lithium Batteries.
After thorough study and use of this training course the student will:
- know what lithium is and what it is used for,
- know what the differences are between batteries and cells,
- know what the dangers associated with the transport of Lithium batteries,
- know what types and power ratings of lithium batteries are allowed on an aircraft as a passenger or crew member, and
- know how to handle a Lithium battery emergency